A company with an innovative way to bring new craft beers to the market is ready for its Ohio debut.
The first offerings from Wisconsin-based Guest Brewer will hit area taps and store shelves in Columbus, Cleveland, Dayton and Cincinnati in September.
Earlier this year, I spoke to the founders about the model, which will take just a beer or two from some in-demand breweries around the country and bring them to new markets for month-long sales runs. It’s a plan that aims to give brewers from around the country exposure to new customers without the need to invest in new facilities or commit to a distributor in a market.
“For distributors, they’re getting an exclusive interview, the proof of concept,” co-founder and president of sales Marty Ochs said at the time.
The initial lineup is:
- Minnesota-based Surly Brewing Co.’s Axe Man and Furious.
- Pennsylvania-based Saucony Creek Brewing’s Maple Mistress Pumpkin Ale.
- Idaho’s Longdrop Cider’s Honey Vanilla Cider.
Each of those will be available in September. In October the lineup will include:
- South Dakota-based Fernson Brewing’s Farmhouse Ale.
- California-based Dust Bowl Brewing’s Therapist double IPA.
- California-based Chihuahua Brewing’s El Primero Lager and Rico Lager.
The beers will be under a Guest Brewer tap handle in bars and restaurants, with similar signage in stores as well.